Introducing the SmartDoc 2.0 (Item no. ACR-E5001-SDB). This complete system has been developed for safely viewing nucleic acids in agarose gels and also for capturing quality digital images with a smart phone camera. Blue light is used instead of UV, which is safer for lab personnel and will not damage DNA samples.
The illumination base emits an intense blue light with a peak output of 460nm for optimum excitation of nucleic acids stained with green fluorescent dyes (SYBR® Green, SmartGlow™, GelStar™, GelGreen™, etc). The orange cover fits on top of the illumination base and acts as a filter to absorb blue light, allowing visualization of the fluorescing samples. The cover can also be set at an angle for gel access and cutting out DNA bands for further study.
Optional amber glasses are available (E4000-VG SmartBlue Viewing Glasses). These are ideal for users that are doing a lot of band excision work, as they eliminate the need for the orange cover allowing full access to the gels.
The SmartDoc™ imaging enclosure includes an orange photo filter for photography of the gels with a smart phone. An extending adapter can be inserted for full dimension imaging of gels up to 15 x 15 cm or removed for close up pictures. The enclosure can also be used directly on any other existing UV or blue light transilluminator. Additional filters are available for imaging gels on a UV transilluminator. Please see our “Filter and User Guide” to show which filter is best for different imaging applications.
Please see our Technical Bulletin showing sample gel images captured with an iPhone using the SmartDoc System. The SmartDoc Imaging Enclosure can also be purchased separately (item no. ACR-E5001-SD) without the blue light illumination base. The enclosure by itself can be used on most existing UV transilluminators or blue light transilluminators for smart phone imaging.
- Maximum Gel Size: 15 x 15 cm
- Excitation Source: High Intensity Blue LED
- Photo Filter: Orange PMMA, 12mm Aperture
- Viewing Cover: Orange PMMA, 18 x 18 cm
- Phone Compatibility: iPhone™, Android™, etc. (Smart phones and tablets with a camera)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 9 x 7.5 x 8.6 in / 23 x 19 x 22 cm
- Weight: 2.6 Lbs (1.2 kg)
- Electrical: 100V to 230V, 50Hz to 60Hz
- Warranty: 2 years
- Imaging enclosure works with all common smart phones
- System includes blue light illumination base, orange viewing cover, and orange photo filter
- Ideal for common safe stains (SmartGlow™, SYBR Green, GelGreen™, etc.)
- Visible blue light will not damage DNA
- Gel viewing and gel access for DNA band cutting
- Optional amber viewing glasses, for band excising
- Imaging enclosure can also be used on existing transilluminators
There are no reviews yet.